WCCTA has helped support a wide range of excellent projects and initiatives which have benefited all tourism related business throughout the district:
- During 2008 filming was undertaken of various attractions and events in the Dover District. This film footage is available on the White Cliffs Country website. A second stage of district filming took place in 2009 which included the majority of the districts attractions and some key events. This was also produced for the White Cliffs Country website and was shared with the individual businesses for use on their own websites.
- Attendance at Exhibitions: District wide tourism businesses were represented at the Kent Travel Show in March during 2008-2013 and at the Anchors at Ostend exhibition in 2009 and 2010.
- Delivery of a new French/Flemish brochure: In conjunction with the attendance at Anchors, the newly produced brochure was delivered to Tourist Information Centres across Pas de Calais and Belgium.
- WCCTA contributed £500 towards the new White Cliffs Country Greeter Programme along with Dover District Council and Sandwich and Dover Town Councils. The Greeter programme was set up to advise visitors on how to make the most of their time and enrich their visit to White Cliffs Country. Further information on the Greeter Programme.
- Partnership working: A WCCTA project which has now been funded by Dover Town Council for the last 3 years, provides an information service for cruise passengers in the Market Square on Port of Call days.
- Partnership working: As part of partnership working with Dover District Council general information sheets for Dover, Deal and Sandwich have been produced. Copies of these sheets can be downloaded from the White Cliffs Country website for your visitors to the area.
(For WCCTA Members only)
If you have a project that you would like considered by the Executive and Members of WCCTA which will benefit the whole of White Cliffs Country please download and complete the Future Projects Form or to obtain a copy via post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.