The White Cliffs Country Tourism Association is an independent membership association covering Dover, Deal, Sandwich and surrounding areas. Membership is open to any business, organisation or individual involved or interested in Tourism.
Objectives of the organisation shall be
- WCCTA is a membership organisation working with the wider tourism trade, local partnerships, public bodies and individual businesses.
- To promote trade and commerce in tourism, and improve the overall awareness, effectiveness and quality of tourism provision, in Dover district for and to the benefit of the members, Dover District’s* residents, tourists and visitors.
- Representing and communicating with tourism trade members across Dover district using website, e-newsletter, social media and PR.
- Gathering intelligence (e.g. research, data, case studies, trend information) for market and visitor analysis
- To discuss challenges impacting on the visitor economy, to improve working relationship and to share best practice.
- Understanding changes in tourism trends, economic or other factors (e.g. technology and connectivity) and how these impact Dover District tourism businesses. Supporting initiatives that maximise the opportunity for Dover District tourism.
- Lobbying and helping with co-ordination of activities to maximise grant making and other funding opportunities.
- Encouraging close working and co-operation between all public and private sector bodies and the tourism trade throughout the Dover District.
* Dover District is defined as the area covered by Dover District Council which includes, Dover, Deal, Sandwich and environs. Thus WCCTA represents all of this area.
An Executive Committee manages the Association on behalf of members. The officers currently are:
WCCTA Executive Members
|| Graham Hutchison
|| Neil McCollum
|| Roger Walkden
|| Diederik Smet
|| Ian Montgomery
|| Terry Sutton
In the interim, please address all correspondence or enquiries about membership to the chairman:
87 Friars Way
Tel: 07946 555014